Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Blog




Jumping on the blogging bandwagon again, most likely to serve as another distraction from doing any meaningful work.

Had an eventful month or so, somehow blagged my way into the Semi finals at CWIF masqerading as Earl who was busy trying not to chunder over anyone he met. And so Token the Irishman was left to face off the worlds skinniest people, only managing to drop from qualifying in 12th to a pitiful 16th. Had nothing left to give by the Semi's. Actually, I was made up....

Saturday then saw me roaming the streets of Blackburn at 8.30 am looking for BoulderUK, home of the Plywood Masters. Unfortunately, the half glass of wine I had (with a not unsubstantial dinner) the night before had left me feeling somewhere less than on top form. Guess thats what training and not drinking for months at a time does to you - duly noted for the future.

The comp was ace (I got a free t-shirt!!) but really I just wanted to see if CWIF was a fluke or not. A final basically consisting of Token and the British Squad eventually led to a 3rd place finish just behind Dave and Ned. Time to get training....

Otherwise, started my Paediatrics rotation yesterday and off to Wales for Wednesday for a meeting about a new study that's in the pipeline - the juggling act continues.